The Full Metallic Cartridge Reloading Class exposes students to the basics of reloading centerfire metallic cartridges with little or no prior experience in reloading. This is an intense 9-hour hands-on class that will cover all of the information necessary to enable you to safely reloading straight-wall pistol and bottleneck rifle cartridges for a variety of firearm types.
To provide beginning reloaders with the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to safely reload metallic cartridges. During the class, students will use a variety of standard reloading equipment to produce functioning ammunition. By the end of the class, you will be an experienced and knowledgeable reloader.
- Introduction to Reloading and Reloading Safety
- Centerfire Cartridge Components
- Using Reloading Manuals and Reloading Data
- Powder and Bullet selection
- Metallic Cartridge Reloading Equipment Overview, including presses, dies, and measuring tools
- The Metallic Cartridge Reloading Process
- Hands-On Cartridge Reloading
- Course Review and Examination
Attendees Will Receive:
- A copy of the NRA Guide To Reloading
- A copy of the instructors book on the subject of reloading
- Friendly expert instruction as you make functioning ammo
- Real-time interactive feedback on the practical exercises conducted during the course
- A certificate of completion from the NRA
- A very full student packet, including current catalogs from the industry manufacturers, reloading data guides from the powder manufacturers, bullet information, stickers, etc
- Pistol and Rifle ammunition that you assemble under our careful guidance and instruction
Please Note: There is a short written test on the lesson material at the end of the course.
There are no pre-requisites for taking this course. Everyone, 21 to 99 years old should be able to reload. Attendees should bring lunch, snacks, and beverage. Everything else (equipment, powder, brass, bullets, tools, knowledge, etc) will be supplied by the instructor.
Class fee is $200, payable at the time you reserve a seat in a class.